Monday, November 23

Quality Control, China Style, part 3

(This is the final post of a series beginning here.)

Section 3: The "Writing" Exam


Actual text reads: "Is the rapid and enormous development of China a chance or a challenge to the remainder of the world?  What is your position on this topic?  Please make clear points and support these points with examples?"

Wow! Only one question, yes, but man, talk about baggage!  You've got 200 words and 10 minutes to figure out how to tiptoe around this one.  In the words of the late Mitch Hedberg, Good luck, f%@#er!


Evaluation Report

One nice thing about the first two sections of the test is that the results are returned instantaneously, so you know exactly where you stand.  And, just in case you are curious as to where I stand:

Knowledge Test
The score of Knowledge Test is 59 , high scoring index is Mathematical Knowledge , low scoring index is Knowledge of Educational Psychology

Interestingly, I dropped out of my math program in my second year at UF, and switched over to linguistics, minoring in language education.  I just think this result came about primarily from the fact that the Math questions were hugely more straightforward than the Psychology questions, and less able to be obscured by cultural and language barriers.  Or hey, maybe I just know a lot about math.


Psychological Test
The score for Psychological Test is 42 , high scoring index is Go-aheadism, Communication skills, Face Tendency , low scoring index is Adaptive Ability, Inspiring Capacity, Comprehensive Analysis Ability, Response Ability

This result is by far my favorite of the two.  Firstly, the initial obvious result is that I failed a personality test.  I didn't even know that was possible!  But even more interesting are the actual specifics they called me out on.  It isn't perhaps terribly meaningful if you haven't ever known me as a person, and haven't gleaned this sort of intuition from reading large portions of my blog, but you can trust me anyways when I say this basically describes the exact opposite of who I am (very strongly adaptive, with little-to-no "Go-aheadism" to be found).

Also, the evaluation page contained this interesting little ditty:
(Notes added by me, obviously).

Advice for Testees:
Result of this evaluation only provides you a reference for knowing yourself better, rather than evidence that you will gain great success in society. 
(Which is why we unashamedly use the results to evaluate your potential worth as an employee)
During the evaluation, you are affected by test time, your mood, circumstance, and etc. If you think that the description and advice for you does not match the fact, you can think about flowing points:   
(I find that thinking about flowing points generally does make me feel better.)

1. Recalling your state when answering the test, whether you are concentrated or not
2. Recalling whether you slide over yourself consciously or guess the intention of testers
(Because apparently, if it's not the latter, then you're doing it wrong.)
3. Ask classmates or friends around you how they think about you
(Well, how about it guys?  What do you really think about my Face Tendency?)
4. Consult professional evaluation advisers or teachers in employment center for further advice
(Translation: Take a real test.)


Your Homework

Luckily, the wizards up in the capital have made the test accessible to anyone (even you!).  Now, I didn't put nearly all of the humorous questions up on the blog, and not only that, but there are a great deal of questions that the test randomly selects from, so your results might be different than mine.  So, your homework is to take the test for yourself, and leave me a few humorous anecdotes in the comments section.  Tell me your favorite questions!  Tell me your results!  Who can ace the personality test? (Hint: Contrary to what you see around here, just say that smoking is bad!)


Evaluation System for Foreign Language Experts
(Note that you will have to register an account.  Note that aside from remembering your login name and password, nothing else about the login process matters.  Just stick a few random letters in the required boxes, and it'll fly.  Trust me, the country isn't to big on quality control; you'll get through just fine...)

(Browse related posts: Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - DIY Exam Link)

2 comments:

Ali said...

I think they got the personality test okay, they just made a typo on responsibility ;)

Jackson Davis said...

Ha! I actually wonder if that was their intention... perhaps they would have been right on that one point, anyhow =).

Post a Comment